#1 OFFLINE   brightbyte

brightbyte

Casual Visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi People,

I have looked and searched everywhere but can't find anything on permanent caravan sites in tassy, my wife and I and our daughter and our granddaughter have decided to move to tassy and are looking at initially living in our caravans on a park that offers permanent or semi permanent sites, can anyone offer information re: cost and location of caravan parks that offer this.

Thanks in advance   :-)

#2 ONLINE   Mystic

Mystic

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hi brighbyte & welcome :)

Most of the private parks (not chains) will negotiate a deal for you on perm sites. Any specific areas that you are looking at?
The secret to getting what you want, is to want what you need

If this website helps you, please consider a donation to help us keep the site running. Site Supporters (over $20 donation) also get ad free browsing

#3 OFFLINE   brightbyte

brightbyte

Casual Visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not sure on area but we were told the northwest is nice but that could be incorrect, we need somewhere close to a school for the granddaughter but definately don't want to live near a city. So I guess we would like a locattion that is rural semi rural not sure how to describe it lol (we're not city people).

#4 OFFLINE   Cascade

Cascade

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Hi brightbyte,

Welcome to  "Real Tasmania"  there are quite a few around the North West. And yes the NW is nice, thats why I live there. :thumbsup:

Towns along the NW coast are mostly rural or semi rural except Burnie and Devonport.

Here are a couple of website links for you. Ulvestone   Penguin . Both have schools close by.

Plus there is an extensive list here that you could select an area from and then make a few calls to the parks to see if they have permanent sites or extended stays and what local facilities are available.

#5 OFFLINE   brightbyte

brightbyte

Casual Visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hi Cascade,
Thanks for the reply and the information, I rang Ulvestone CPark and spoke to Sally she said they do have permanent sites etc and also gave me some peoples phone numbers that are selling vans on the park. I took a look at Ulvestone on google and it looks really nice, I will be looking into the other info you gave me shortly.
Thank you again as this is what I have been looking for over the past 7 or so days and had come up with nothing useful.

Our Plan is to come over and spend a month or 2 travelling around and checking out as much as possible before making a final decision.

#6 OFFLINE   Shez

Shez

Explorer

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi Brightbyte

I have recently moved from QLD to Tassie (North Coast area) within the last week.  I absoulety love the area, unfortunately I can not give you any advice on caravan parks (as I am new to the area)  except for my two stops that I made while travelling this beautiful island before moving here.  Some parks will charge you to use the showers, this is not covered in the fees of staying at the park.  You pay the box in the shower facility while showering.... Mystic, Shane and Cascade give excellent advice as their knowledge of this island have been a godsend to me.  I can vouch for the two towns that Cascade has mention, as I live in one and do my bigger grocery shopping in the other :)

#7 OFFLINE   brightbyte

brightbyte

Casual Visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hi Shez,
I am from QLD too, thanks for your input the more info I get the more I am sure it is the right move for us. I will be looking at opening a small business in the area we finally decide on so will be looking for info on that next e.g. licence requirements etc. I think I will need to go to the Tasmanian Small Business Advice Bureau or whatever it is called there lol unless anybody here can point me in the right direction hint hint :thumbsup:

#8 OFFLINE   Shez

Shez

Explorer

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hi Brightbyte

Since moving here, I have notice that Tasmania has all their state government departments combined into a one-stop service. Services Tasmania (All of your government services in one place) 1300 1355 13 and the website can be found at http://www.service.tas.gov.au/
I hope that this website helps you in finding the information that you need.  May I ask what type of small business that you are looking into? As it may be suitable for some areas but not others.

I have lived in many areas of NSW and QLD (Burnett – Fraser Coast, Brisbane and South East QLD) Tasmania is certainly the gem of all :)

#9 OFFLINE   Shane V

Shane V

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hi Brightbyte.  Just wanted to welcome you to Real Tas.  I can't add anything further to what has already been posted.  Hope things go smoothly for you :)

#10 ONLINE   Mystic

Mystic

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Doing a bit of travel around Tassie before you decide where you want to settle is a very good idea. Shez was correct about Services Tasmania being a one stop shop for all you regular govt dealing, but there is also Business Point, which is part of the Dept of Economic Development. They can provide you with all legal and other details required to launch any new business in Tasmania, best of all the service is free :thumbsup:
The secret to getting what you want, is to want what you need

If this website helps you, please consider a donation to help us keep the site running. Site Supporters (over $20 donation) also get ad free browsing

#11 OFFLINE   brightbyte

brightbyte

Casual Visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Thanks guys for all this great info, I will take a look at these sites and go from there..

@Shez We currenrly have a Home Technology business that we run up here and we will be moving that down with us, it is a mobile business (we come to you) so is easy to move whereever we go. we offer TV, Surround Sound System , etc setup and we also offer tuition for people that are new to computers/the internet, so anything to do with home tec gees sounds like an ad sorry lol.

Do you think it would be something needed / wanted in your area Shez?

#12 OFFLINE   Cascade

Cascade

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Oi! brightbyte.

Thats my job around here. ROFL

You will find that a lot of people who need tution go to their local online centres which tend to be set up in most town libraries or information centres which are often run by vounteers.They often run courses or give 1 on1 tution for those in the community that want it at a very low cost and many are also available as internet hubs for travelers who wish to check email etc.

I have done some work in the past for local business in regard to particular software usage ie: spreadsheets, database, electrical cad plan software, photo editing, internet & email, MYOB, integration of computers into farm businiss, for stock & crop recording etc etc. Along with computer supply, troubleshooting, repair and upgrades. I no longer actively look for work although I do get a few days here and there from many of my previous customers as I'm usually available straight away or I am able to sort them out over the phone, otherwise anything I do in this area is now via word of mouth so I guess we wont be treading on each others toes. . :laughing:

There are a couple or three other guys in this service area along the coast, they are doing similar to what you will be offering including computer repairs.

Be totally aware that our population base is much smaller than on the mainland so there is basically less work to share around when it comes to fighting for a dollar or two.

If you are happy to do so and have any basic teaching skills then Adult Education runs courses in all manner of subjects; from underwater basket weaving too how to stuff the family cat. Many of the instructers are individuals who have a love for what they do and want to make a bit of extra money from passing on their knowledge. Many of them are High School or College teachers moonlighting.

Further information for Adult Education tutors can be found here along with information on the available course itineraries that could be of help.

If theres anything else you need to know, just ask and somebody will probably come up with the answer.

#13 OFFLINE   brightbyte

brightbyte

Casual Visitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sorry Cascade don't wantt o take any business away from you however it sounds like you are more business / software orientated where i am definatly only aimed at houshold or domestic clients don't want anymore dealings with business as too many of them take too long to pay or don't pay at all. Been there done that lol :thumbdown:

#14 OFFLINE   Cascade

Cascade

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hehe, no need to be sorry broghtbyte.

By my reckoning, now I'm not that involved in the game any more the local guys need a new spark in the system to keep em on their toes.... ROFL

And I've not long ago reached the age where the Goverment pays me to stay alive by contributing to my daily living fund and lots of others give me discounts. :thumbsup:

#15 OFFLINE   Shez

Shez

Explorer

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Brightbyte, I certainly agree with Cascade with the advice he has given you in regards to your business side of been in Tasmania.  As a fellow tutor in applications, software, maintanance and repairs to the fields of  been a previous worker of youths and people with disabilities sectors. I was in awe of the free services that the state government provides to all the residents of Tasmania. If you hold high standards in your work, friendly and commited I believe there is room for improvement.  I love my area of choices, but if I made a move to be soley work motivated my ideal spot of been of in community sector field of youth, disability and technology would have been Wynyard as the potential (and besides begin a gorgeous spot) would have been endless.  I only made it to the central northern areas (even though on holidays I flew into Hobart) to explore.  I am now a full time carer for my son, as he has been through some serious medical problems for the last three years.  I do hope that some day soon that I will be back out in the community work force and I see that as a very good possibility now. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users